Your Legacy Gift Will
Empower and sustain future generations to make visible the extraordinary light that comes from God. Our endowment helps support the church, contributes to key programs and protects the church from adverse financial circumstances.
Ways to make a legacy gift:
- Outright gift
- Bequest in your will
- Insurance policy may be donated or the church named as a beneficiary
- Appreciated stocks, bonds, real estate
Creating a beneficiary designation is easy to do. Contact your financial advisor or agent. They can provide you with a one-page beneficiary form. Upon your death, the money will bypass probate and go directly to the church.
What are the benefits of charitable giving?
First and foremost, it’s the satisfaction we gain from knowing that we can help provide spiritual strength and comfort to future generations of First Presbyterian Church. This satisfaction comes from the joy of creating a legacy that will continue to do God’s work on earth even after we are gone. There are other benefits, including possible tax benefits.
How will the money be used?
Legacy gifts are invested by our Church’s Investment Committee for long-term growth of the First Presbyterian Church Foundation. This assures a sound financial backing for future generations of our Church.
Interest and dividend income from investments are used to help fund:
- Mission work and projects
- Building repairs
- Special projects
- Other church needs
My estate will be small. Should I consider planned giving?
Yes, planned giving is for all of us. Through planned giving, we can leave a faith legacy and strengthen First Presbyterian Church for the future.
What are the next steps?
- Pray about how God would lead you.
- If appropriate, speak to your financial advisor or attorney.
- Contact the pastor or a member of the Investment Committee.
- Fill out a legacy giving form and drop it in the offering plate or return it to the church office. (Click here to download a form for completion.)